A number of Global Law Trials have been introduced by World Rugby since the beginning of the season and applied to all games at all levels in England since 1 August 2017.
These Global Law Trials are designed to support player welfare and make the Laws simpler to play and watch.
- The 17 variations can be grouped around some key themes:
- Time – how the game is ended after a penalty kick
- Tackle/ruck – what the tackler must do and how a ruck can be formed
- Advantage – where multiple infringements have occurred giving the non-offending team the choice of which they feel is the most advantageous to them
- Touch, in goal and mark – putting the emphasis on where the ball is when it is played
Responding to the survey also gives you the chance to win one of five pairs of tickets for an England autumn international, simply click on the link and give them your thoughts.
Link to RFU Global Law Trial Survey
Updated 13:51 - 21 Mar 2018 by Web Master