Following the recommendations of the Age Grade Good Practice Group we are pleased to introduce the Age Grade Codes of Practice.
The delivery of these Codes ensures a focus on the wants and needs of the Age Grade player. They ensure that every player, regardless of ability, maturity or size, develops not only their rugby skills, but wider personal and social skills, increasing their enjoyment and supporting their transition to the adult game.
The Codes provide support and guidance coaches and teachers in:
- Developing the whole player – to ensure holistic player development
- Playing and training frequency – to address over and under playing and ensure a balanced rugby programme
- Grouping of players – to ensure inclusivity and support individual player development
- Playing out of age group – to enhance player development and confirm what is permitted in regulation
- Out of season activity, camps and tours - clarifying regulation and requirements for camps and tours
- Minimum standards for coaches and referees – detailing how coaches and referees can achieve best practice
The Codes of Practice are designed to help and support those working hard across Age Grade Rugby. They support the application of regulation and replace previous guidance documents and it is our intention that everyone who delivers the Age Grade game feels compelled to commit to them.
Over the coming weeks we will be releasing a series of videos to help promote these Codes and encourage coaches and teachers to buy into them by stating that they are “in”. Once released publicly, your support in promoting these Codes within your CB and encouraging commitment would be much appreciated in ensuring they become adapted and commonplace in the game – benefiting players as a result.
Should you have any further questions on these Codes please contact us on email@example.com
Updated 12:58 - 26 Sep 2017 by Fran Hellawell